Pages

Monday, August 09, 2021

Eight Days...

And it's been a crazy eight days! 

This past weekend was the grands camping weekend. Things were snafu'ed and didn't quite work out like we'd planned, but in the end it worked out okay? 

The aunt and uncle arrived this weekend. Their trip took them way longer than they thought it would. I was texting to request updates and it would take at least a day to get an unsatisfactory response (meaning, it told me nothing about their eta or plans). They didn't arrive until days after they said they would. Despite knowing they march to their own drum and do what they want, it was frustrating. 

We were supposed to have a family thing up at camp but that fell through. The Uncle was supposed to update folks and he didn't. I was supposed to update and I tried, but that didn't work either thanks to my stupid phone and attempts that fell through. Nothing went the way it was supposed to. But the people who said they'd be there didn't check in either, so there's that. I can't run the world... I have enough on my plate and ultimately, I am not and cannot be in charge of everything. I'm not sure, but I may have been blamed for not updating, which my uncle said was bullsh*t because it was his job at that point. I still feel bad though. I did try. 

I mean, our uncle is seventy-seven. Our mom wasn't quite seventy-five when she died. He's our only close living relative on our mom's side. (He's mom's younger brother). He's an amazing guy with a lot of awesomely cool stories to tell. He just can't get up and go like he used to. He cracks us up and teaches us things. I cannot imagine not having him in my life. I will always go out of my way to see him and make sure he's okay. 

We got exactly one grandkid this weekend and she didn't get there until Sunday. We thought we would get her Saturday despite originally making plans to get her Friday. We waited all day Saturday for the word and it never came. Until very early Sunday morning. It was beyond anyone's control and that's okay. 

We moved schedules to keep her overnight Sunday, which meant I took off work today and That Man went in for a half day and then came back to help me break camp. K5's weekend was super rough until she got to us, so our goal was to spoil her as much as we could and give her mom a break. I think at least that part of the weekend worked.

There were bee stings. That Man, S, and both dogs got stung by a nest of ground bees. That Man got stung six times, S got three, and our dog got one (right under her tail near her sensitive spot), my sisters dog got way more than anyone else (uncountable since he's the one who found the nest) and that poor baby was a freaking mess. He had to have Benadryl and lots of love. So far, everyone is okey dokey. S had some residual effects, but I think she's okay now. 

It was a good weekend, for the most part, but I am freaking exhausted. Mentally and physically. So much both. 

Behave! 


No comments: