Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Feel Good Friday

We made it to Friday! Yay! It was a long week and it was even a short week for me! 

I'm going to put this up here and not on the list because I realized I never posted about it. Last week our kitty girl went to kitty heaven. She was around 20, maybe older, maybe a bit younger. We got her when she was nine or ten. Her previous owners weren't sure how old she was. She came to us a few months after we lost our kitty boy and our dog. It was a debate on whether or not we were ready for another pet, but we finally agreed. She came to us on a cold day in December and hid under our bed for most of the day. By evening, she was laying on top of the bed and allowed us to pet her. Her decline happened quickly and by last Tuesday, we knew it was time. She'd taken up residence on the couch and didn't move, not even when we ran the vacuum. When we came home Tuesday night, we knew it was time. She was a great kitty and we loved her very much. Despite the fact that we still have three cats, her presence is definitely missed. I look for her all of the time and I miss her little "murf" noise. She never meowed, just murfed. 

And that's all I have to say about that...

So let's get to the list...

1. Cursed Fate came out (again). I know I posted about it a while ago, but I completely boned on release day. I managed other social media, but not here. It was a crazy day/week around here and I was running around like a lunatic. But Wooo! Print copies will be available in six months, so that's cool. 

2. Fresh tomatoes from our garden on BLT's for dinner. So good. We've had exactly six tomatoes so far, but there are tons of green ones on. I'm excited. We also have hot peppers and banana peppers coming in. And basil, oregano, and rosemary. Looks like there's some spaghetti sauce making in my future. 

3. The heat wave being over! My gosh it was hot! I ran outside at work and burned my hand on the mechanism to open the front door. We drove home through some crazy storms, but it was worth it for the temperature to drop twenty degrees. 

4. The possibility of our nephew coming to hang out for a few days. He'll be between orders for the military and heading from south to north for his next gig. We haven't seen him in person since he was like eleven. He's a smart kid and fun to talk to. It'll be fun to have him and his girlfriend in house for a little while.

5. This weekend without a lot of plans. I mean, we do have plans, but they are more the clean the house, work on the camper for inspection (change light bulbs), weed whack, write, and do the grocery shopping. Easy plans, though the cleaning the house part sucks. I do hope to sleep in a little, too. 

6. Speaking of writing. I'm managing. It's slow and some nights its a struggle, but I'm in a challenge with my writing pals, and I have to keep adding numbers. The story is going well though, which is something. 

That's all I have for now.

Behave!


No comments: