Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Feed Good Friday... on Saturday

And late Saturday, too! ha!

Let's just go to the list...

1. Living through the week! By Friday, I had made several mistakes... I missed a duplicate check, which caused me and my boss much time of searching, researching, and confusion. I finally figured out what happened, and am in the process of correcting it. And then... the one report I had to do is partially correct, but partially wrong. My boss can't figure out where I went wrong and honestly, I have no clue. I followed the instructions, but they are confusing as F. We'll address it again on Monday and hopefully between the two of us, figure it out. He laughed at my instruction list though. ha! (I will say I have the best boss I've ever had! He's super understanding and chill. If you make a mistake, you fix it and learn from it. But when he calls back and says "can you come and look over my shoulder" you know you did something wrong. Ha!)

2. Going out last night! We haven't seen our old "friend group" together in almost two years. Last night, friends were gigging at a local place. We went on a whim, and omg, we had a blast. None of us had been out, so we were all a bit anxious and worried, but that didn't last long. When I say we were all giddy about being together and seeing each other, I mean it. There were so many hugs and conversations. No one wanted to leave. We had so much fun. 

3. Sleeping in this morning. It was lovely. 

4. Not much going on today. We ran to the farm store. The grocery store. Took the kid to pick up her Jeep (she had to catch a ride home last night after having one too many. Good girl. And it was funny that our one friend didn't realize that she's 22 now and worried about how she was going to get into a 21 and over place). The snow squall was amazing and too short. I took a nap. 

5. I did write a whole bunch today. Well, not today. Just these last few hours. My writing pals are on retreat. I couldn't go this time because of having to buy a new stove and not wanting to sleep on a couch. (long story) But together they got me to an awesome word count and there was an epiphany and laughter. Much needed for me. Yeah, I would much rather be with them, but it is what it is. May is coming! 

6. Plans tomorrow. We're hoping we can squeeze in K5's last basketball game in addition to an already full day. We haven't been able to make a single one this season and that sucks! We're working on it, but we'll see. I am hopeful. 

7. I should only have about two more weeks to do the two jobs. I can do that!

8. It's freaking cold outside! And that wind! Oy! But we're in late February, so spring should be coming sooner than later. (I don't listen to rodents and I don't care what he said)

9. Texting with Mr. B. He's a hoot. And he has the funniest things to say! He sent me pictures of him and little B with a moustache. I sent him the picture of me with a photoshopped beard. He laughed a lot. And he always sends me memes he think will disturb me. He's really good at that. Ha! 

10. Making an excellent dinner. We had a Hello Fresh to use, but added some chicken and garlic and it was so good. Still digging the Hello Fresh after over a year, so there's that. Sometimes I'm frustrated with the lack of stuff that looks good or the constant potatoes, but usually we find something good. There are very few meals we've said we wouldn't get again. Plus, it's expanded our own horizons as far as spices, cook times, and stuff that goes together. 

And that is all...

Behave! 

No comments: