Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

So Many Wrap Ups....

I know I've been absent! Sorry about that! Things have been a little nuts around here! 

The wedding was amazing! My niece was stunningly gorgeous and so was her sister (her sister. my niece.), and the bridesmaid, (Their dresses had pockets and they were beautiful)! The ceremony was short and sweet, and the reception was a ton of fun. We danced and laughed and probably embarrassed the bride a bit. Not that we intended to. At all. The food was good, the staff at the venue were amazing, and we had a great time (and they were tipped very well). We got to catch up with old friends and people I grew up with. There was phone stealing and a ton of selfies taken. Ha! Dancing and singing, and a DJ that didn't seem to know how to read the crowd, but I think we brought him around. Almost. Ha! It was a struggle. My great niece was a riot and did not sit down the entire time! 

Sunday was dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's. Spaghetti Dinners are our thing because everyone has a sauce and it's an easy and cheap meal to feed a crowd. (just don't let our uncle at the sauce. He talks about hot dogs going in...ewww) My brother's sauce is amazing and so were his meatballs. We had a great time hanging out. (I will never order spaghetti at a restaurant because I know at least four or six people who make a better sauce than any place and I'm related to all of them!)

Monday we went back to work. We were freaking tired. We headed to my sister and brother-in-law's for Taco Night afterwards and to stayed to do the airport trip in the morning. Our aunt and uncle were staying there before having to be at the airport at o'dark-thirty. It would have been tons easier if they would have stayed here, but there's no way our uncle can navigate our stairs. So we adapted. Got up at the buttcrack of dawn and got them to the airport on time and actually got to work on time. 

Taco Night was a lot of fun. There was a lot of talking and laughing. My bro and sister-in-law (and great niece) left early and I don't blame them. They had a ton of stuff over the past week and they needed the rest and a break from constant people! The rest of us stayed up way to late talking and with my aunt trying to tell me that she can teach me how to crochet. Ha! Like that will ever happen. We came home last night and just crashed. K3, K4, S, and J came for Taco Night, too. It was a lot of chaos and a ton of fun. 

The aunt and uncle made it home okay and now we plan for our next visit! We can't go too long between visits. 

We've got fun stuff coming up, too. And I have my favorite booksigning at the greenhouse! And I got my new cover! Coming in April!


It's gorgeous and I love it!

And that is all! 

Behave!



No comments: