Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Family Dinner

It's Thursday! Yay!

Our aunt and uncle flew in today for the wedding. My brother picked them up at the airport and we all met for dinner. What a freaking blast! Our poor waitress and the poor food runner (it was the food runners first day and she did a fantastic job. The waitress came and hung out with us after she was done and we had a great conversation. She was interested in how we were all related). There was some grumbling because my uncle ended up paying the bill, which was not what we all had wanted or expected. I swear that will be that last thing they pay for while they are here! 

We had a blast! I think our aunt was kind of scared (she really wasn't) about how my sister, sister-in-law, and I interact with each other, but she'll be okay! ha! (She knows we're all nuts, but this was an in-your-face example of friendships that have been going on for close to 40 years. We really are all tuned into the same station, so there's that. Even our husbands shake their heads when we are together! ha!) It was the first face-to-face for us after a weeks worth of texting about various things, some of them stressful, so it makes sense. At least to us. Ha! It was a lot of fun and we wished we had more time, but a lot of us have to work tomorrow.

Other than that.... My books came. Yay! That Man had to take a Covid test today because of potential exposure and it was negative. Also yay. Tomorrow is Friday. Yay. We got most of our errands taken care of tonight. Also yay! We just have to make one stop, maybe two, tomorrow. Oh and my second mammogram was good! Huge Yay!

And that is all! I will likely not be back until after the wedding, but we'll see! I may swing in with a Feel Good post tomorrow. 

Behave!


No comments: