Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up...

Here we are at Sunday afternoon...

Man. I am tired. 

I did head back to work Thursday morning. We unloaded my gear in the snow and the day was crazy. I will be covering for a coworker in about two weeks for 3-6 weeks, so I need to make sure I'm proficient at her job. We've been cross-training for a long time now. Heck, I started cross-training before we went home two years ago, but it was with a different person (she retired), so different style. So anyways, we're supposed to be each others back up and we've been trying to get it done, but every time we get into the training, there's another outbreak and we're back home. And everyone else gets to stay home another week now, but I'm staying at the office. In fact, unless it's really bad, I will be staying at the office going forward. I can't do two jobs from home.

Anyway. 

We had the grands this weekend. It was awesome chaos! Mr. B got dropped off at work shortly before we ended our day. We made a quick trip to the grocery store for snacks and juice and then headed to pick up K5, ordering stromboli's on our way home. The kids were so freaking excited to see each other. It was so good. We got to spend a little bit of one on one time with each of them. K5 had a basketball game on Saturday, so we had just B for a little bit. And B was busy doing something, so it was just K5 and I for a bit. She had another basketball game today, so we packed up (like herding cats swimming in jello), got them lunch, and started the drop off trip. They were exhausted. We are exhausted, but it was really good. 

After drop off, we went shopping for clothes to wear to the wedding this coming weekend. That Man and I made a stop at where he'd seen pants he liked and then we met up with K4 so she could find something and so I could find a shirt. Very successful and quick. 

Now we're home and exhaustion doesn't even cover it. We straightened up the house before we left so we didn't walk into the chaos mess that was our weekend. Of course, the kids took most of that with them, but the rooms were clean, the dishes were done, and the worst of it was out of here. That was nice. Now it's laundry, which is normal. And I'm working on getting my words on the page. 

Tomorrow is back to the grind. And that is all...

Behave! 

No comments: