Pages

Friday, March 03, 2023

Feel Good Friday!

This has been the absolute longest week! 

Let's just hit the list! 

1. Getting almost through my critiques for my short story. I'm halfway through the last one. Then I'll give it a final read through and send it off to see what my editor thinks. Whoo! 

2. Sleeping in a tiny bit tomorrow. 

3. Little B is coming to hang out tomorrow while his mom and brother go do some stuff. We'll have fun. We went to the store and loaded up on his favorite snacks and drinks. We'll make cookies or brownies and probably play chase through the house per usual. He's so funny and is a joy to be with. 

4. Most of the laundry getting done tonight. 

5. And the grocery store. Except for the mega store run, which will happen probably Sunday. 

6. Work stuff working out. Ha! There was a slight situation that caused me a lot of worry and dismay, but it has been settled and all is well. Cryptic? Well, maybe, but do you really care? It wasn't anything I did, so there's that. 

7. Scoring a like new office chair. The one in our guest room is in terrible shape. I managed to snag the new one before it was tossed in the dumpster. There is literally nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure why it was being thrown out. (except that it is a little...okay, a lot... ugly)(but it kinda fits with the retro theme in the guest room, so there's that)

8. Getting to see my little boys briefly last night. 

9. Seeing our friends tomorrow night. It's been a while. It's our turn to cook and we're making Butter Chicken. Very much looking forward to the evening. 

And now...

We had a handle on the skunk smell. Our jackets were washed and no longer smell. The house, after boiling apple cider vinegar with lemons and limes, no longer smelled. 

I soaked her collar in white vinegar and blue dawn. This morning, there was white chunky stuff all through the container. And her collar did not smell at all. So there's that. 

But it's raining...

And the dog absolutely reeks again. She's currently sitting beside me and depending on how she moves, I cannot take a deep breath. Oy! 

And that is all for now! 

Behave! 

No comments: