Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Am Not Hiring!

Sunday I had two messages on my cell phone. Messages inquiring about the position in the Sunday paper. Umm...what? I checked the classifieds and sure enough, there was a position listed and my cell phone number was the contact.

Yeah.
I couldn't get in touch with anyone at the paper on Sunday. Not that it would have done much good. First thing Monday, the phone started ringing. Constantly. I placed a message on my voice mail that explained they'd reached a private number and I was in no way connected with the ad in the paper. I stopped answering except for numbers that registered as someone I knew or appeared to possibly be the school.

And still, I got messages. I did get an apology message from the man who placed the ad. Which was nice. I called the paper first thing but Monday's morning edition was already out.

If I did happen to answer, I explained the same thing to the caller. Without fail, they would ask if I knew the right number. Umm...huh? I had an insane amount of calls yesterday. They did finally taper off - except the call that came in at 10pm. Now that's insane! And I've had two so far today.

I did get a few good laughs - friends that called and left wacky messages in reference to the job. That made the ordeal a little easier to deal with. Except it saddens me that now I cringe when John Mayer starts singing...and I used to really love my ringtone.

Grandbaby update: K2's baby wasn't the only one that suffered with the death of batteries. We still don't know how she did yet, but at least she's not worried she did something wrong.

No comments: