Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

More Long & Lasting Love

So I'm stuck in a groove here.

Since I blogged about B's parents, I thought it only fitting that I should mention my own folks. This past April they celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary.

The really neat thing is that my parents still act like newlyweds sometimes. (yeah, and sometimes it icks me out too!) Right now, they're on vacation. Just the two of them and their camper - traveling wherever the wind blows them and enjoying each others company. That's a pretty cool thing.

I remember my parents dancing in the living room to "their" music. We were all offended back then, as my kids are now when B and I even kiss, but now I realize that they gave us the ingredients to maintain our own relationships. And they continue to do so with their semi-retirement adventures.

I guess that's one of the reasons I turned out to be such a romantic sap.

No comments: