Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Monsters

With Halloween approaching, I started thinking about monsters and came up with these rambling thoughts.

1. No one wants to be chased my a maniac wielding a chainsaw, but really, what are the odds of that happening? Well, maybe if you're at summer camp and are having a hot affair with the counselor from across the lake. (As much as I hate slasher movies now, I was a big fan when I was a teenager)

2. What about Mummies? I mean, come on! They'd dead, drained of their body fluids and wrapped in toilet paper! Do we really believe we have something to fear from them? How much havoc can the wreak after having their organs removed with a crochet hook? Scooby Doo just unwraps them.

3. Vampires. Well, vampires fall into a different category. At least to me. They are mysterious and dead but not. Hard to kill, hard to escape from and once they bite you, you're one of them. If you're afraid wear a garlic necklace, use garlic as perfume and carry a wooden stake in your bag and you're protected. Of course, some vampires are sexy so getting bit would be completely up to you.

4. Werewolves. Silver Bullets. And not the beer - though I imagine if you got a werewolf drunk, he'd probably fall down and stop chasing you. Professor Lupin from Harry Potter taught us a lot. Even though he was a likeable guy during the day, once that moon changed he was lost to his curse. Staying out of the woods during a full moon would keep you safe though.

5. Frankenstein. The only thing I can say is: "Young Frankenstein".

6. Clowns. Sorry. They are scary - probably falls into the same category as talking dolls.

Utter nonsense but that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

You've probably noticed my status bars haven't moved. They won't. I am working my rearend off but it's editing the same chapters and writing a synopsis.



No comments: