Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Day One: Random Things

I'd like to thank the idiot who scheduled K3's trumpet lessons at 8am.
Oh. Wait. That was me.
At the time, I'm sure I had a really good reason for this. Though now I can't figure it out.
Anyway.
As you can see, I made some major progress this weekend. And yes, I do realize I have to change the title for my book. I'm on it. Thinking.
The heroine in this story has a thing for cliches. She uses them, on purpose, to drive the hero nuts, break up tension and get people's reactions. I'm loving writing her - she's a little odd, but in a good way. (at least I hope) The hero is a lot more serious, but has his own strange sense of humor. They're a good match, though neither of them can see that right now. I'm right in the middle of the book, and right where I should be in the suspense, their relationship and the journey and I'm still having a good time writing them. So far, so good.
Obviously, the projected completion date for this book is already long gone. I've had to relax that goal a tiny little bit. Doesn't make me happy, but there's not much I can do. I was a little unrealistic and didn't think about the other obligations I had during that time.
New projected completion date: When it's done.
Yes. That's killing me because I have so much else I want to do, edit, revise and write, but I don't want this summer to kick my butt like last year did.
On another note:
The kids have already totally dismantled my living room. All the cushions are off the couch and the stools from the kitchen are arranged in some sort of "Stonehenge" shape. The cat looks mad and K3 is trying to convince K4 to make him a sandwich. I don't know for sure, but I think he's the boss of whatever they're doing. (She is, in typical K4 fashion, denying him his sandwich rights.) At least they're not fighting. Yet.
Behave!

No comments: