Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rest In Peace: Spanky


K2 took these pics the Friday before the camera went into the creek. I don't know why I went ahead and downloaded them, but I guess it's good I did.
Sometime overnight into Monday, Spanky passed away. I went to make sure K2 was up so we could get started with the rest of our really busy day. She popped her head out into the hall after I'd left and said she thought something was wrong with Spanky.
There were lots of tears, from all the K's, but K3 took it the hardest. Spanky outlived her predicted years by about 10 months. Her death was not suprising, but it still affected the kids a great deal. She was a friendly little beastie who liked to snuggle on your neck and crawl into your pockets.
And she will be missed.

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

My sincere condolences for all the kids, and for you.

Victoria said...

Thank you!