Pages

Monday, July 09, 2007

Back From the Wilds



I said I wanted to go back.
And we did.
It was not long enough and too long - which tells me we came home at the right time.
This photo was taken the morning after some extreme rain. Down that path you'll find more trees, rocks, ticks and horseflies.
The rain was crazy. Torrential downpour for nearly two hours - and that was just one storm out of many. Everything was wet - even around the edges inside the camper. K4 had been sharing a tent with her cousin, and we ended up with about 4 loads of wet clothes, wet sleeping bags and deflated air mattresses. Thank goodness my sister lives nearby and we were able to get the clothing dry again without too much effort.
Saturday and Sunday were absolutely beautiful. The kids were able to get in the creek again. Sunday we took a 2 hour float down the creek, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law dropping us off at a good floating spot. It was kind of hairy at times with the kids. K4 wasn't sure of the whole thing. We ran into a huge patch of horseflies and a fish jumped up and hit my tube, splashing me in the face and scaring me just a little. We found tiny baby frogs and the scenery was amazing.
I have many pictures - the little turtle the girls caught, ugly bugs, the "eye of Sauron" (you'll see), and the flooding creek.
That's all for now...

No comments: