Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Potter!

Finally! After two failed attempts to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", we made it to the theater.
I'm still digesting and deciding.
I absolutely did not hate the movie, but I needed so much more than it gave.
I was glad I didn't have time to re-read the book. I think I would have been greatly disappointed. I didn't lose interest, or need to check the time - which is a good sign. I think it just boils down to the fact that I wanted more. K2 loved it, absolutely, but she hasn't read any of the books. K3 and I spent quite a bit of time discussing book vs. movie - which is very cool to me since he's only 10 and his perceptions are very different than mine. We'd met there, so had 2 cars, and he rode home with me so we could discuss. Totally cool.
I think I'll wait to post my deeper thoughts after I've seen it again. Of course, by then, my judgement will be totally skewed because I'll have already read the last book.
So...who knows what you'll get!
All for now!
Behave!

No comments: