Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

And They're Off!

First day of school!
We sent them off - three different schools, three different times...new experiences.
K2 couldn't stop saying that this is her second to last first day of school. It's hard enough thinking about next year being her last year of school. It's hard enough thinking about her being a junior this year. But, they're all off to their respective schools, and B and I are hanging out for the day. Which is kind of a lie, because I'm on the computer and he's on the phone taking care of work business. But, we have plans for lunch and other running in a little while, so it's really not a lie.
And I'm completely weirded out that school is in session again. It just does not seem like we even had summer. I think back, look over my previous posts, and still wonder what the heck happened. I don't know. Usually, I'm ready for the routine to start again, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. I think the kids were though, so that's all that matters.
Anyway.
That's all for today. Excuse me while I wander around the house, reveling in the silence while I miss the chaos and the summer I feel like we didn't have.
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I had similar feelings. The "first day of school" vibe just wasn't there.

And we've had much afternoon crankiness over the last two days, too. That's not usual, either!

Victoria said...

I'm with you, especially on the crankiness!
Even though we're only on day three, I feel like they've been back longer.
Weirdness!