Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

What's On My Mind Today...

I can see you cringing! ha!
Here's what I'm thinking about right now:
1. I'm cold. But the sun is out for the first time in like 3 days and the temperatures are supposed to rise (finally).
2. Flowers. I didn't plant any last year and that makes me sad. I want red flowers this year and lots of them.
3. My poor gnomes. I should have brought them in over the winter, but sadly, I neglected them and left them to endure the elements. Some of them are broken and disfigured now. I wouldn't blame them if they staged a hostile revolution. I deserve their ire. But I promise I'll make it up to them.
4. Silence. It's really quiet in my house right now, though K1 is still snoozing floors above me. I don't quite know how to process the silence right now. Part of me rejoices and the other part thinks something must be wrong for it to be this quiet. I should enjoy it now, because it won't be quiet soon.
5. Supernatural. It's another rerun tonight, but next week is new. Thank goodness. I just read EW's write up and I loved it. K2 was sure I was going to be upset about the determination on not running for more than 5 seasons, but I'm not. I mean, I am, but only because I'll miss the boys very much. I'd rather see Sam and Dean go out in a blaze of glory than have to watch the storyline turn to cheese and eye-rolling ridiculousness.
6. How much I hate those flashy sidebar ads on my email program. I swear I'm going to have a seizure or something.
7. Retreat. A little less than a month! That's very exciting.
8. My pants. Yes, I said my pants. For one thing, they're falling apart and they're my very favorite pair of comfy. The other thing is that they're too tight (and my jeans are too tight, too), which is a huge problem. I need to shave off several sizes before August and my cousins formal wedding. No more excuses!
9. Socks. My washer is eating them, I swear. No one can find matching socks. They're just gone.
10. My birthday present. Sorry. No picture today. I stole the batteries out of the camera to use in my mouse and there isn't a fresh battery anywhere in the house. Look for the pic over the weekend. I hope.
11. New projects. My brain isn't dead, which is fantastic. I took a break to do another round of revisions on the project that's totally kicked my butt and now I don't know what to do again. I have a new idea. I have the other new idea. And I have a book that's already written that I'd like to re-write. And the retreat is coming. I don't want to start or finish something there - though starting isn't bad as long as I'm ready to start. Finishing would be bad, because by that time I'm totally wrecked and need a few days to remember my name. I'll figure it out. I'm taking a few days off to catch up around here - doing some critiques, tweaking my anthology story, cleaning my house, goofing off - so I have time to decide.
I think that's enough random for one day. Don't you? Ha!
Behave!

No comments: