Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Stink Bug Surge

In preparing for the holiday, I spent some time helping K4 clean her hideously disgusting bedroom so she and her cousin have a place to escape the crowd and hang out. Maybe not a good use of the little bit of availablecleaning time I have, but necessary. Two bags of clothes for charity, a big garbage bag of trash, and many many stink bugs. It really wasn't that bad, but her room is small so it looked worse than it was. I have learned not to freak out about the dozens of qtips, tons of paper, and other things that are really garbage. It seems to be the way it is, especially with my girls. Junior hoarders...or something. I don't know, but it is a passing phase.
But the stink bugs...
Her window covering had fallen and as I reached for the edge, it flipped...revealing probably thirty stink bugs. This is after finding at least ten of the little suckers just hanging out on the front. I was disgusted. I took the whole thing down and threw it in the yard. The stink bugs were everywhere. Everywhere. I'd move something and smell the stink. I guess we stirred them up, because the next thing we knew, they were on the walls. Disturbing and disgusting. B thinks they're coming in around the air conditioner that needs to come out. I duct taped the edges for now - until we can get it out, so they better not find another way in.
Anyway. It was gross and disturbing and horrible. Her room is very clean now and I am monumentally relieved the chore is done.
But she couldn't sleep last night. She said she felt like they were crawling on her. I don't blame her. That's all I could think about when I went to bed.
*shiver*
Behave!

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I know they can squeeze in through the vents in the AC units. When we lifted the one out in my son's room, dozens of them fell out. The warmer weather is keeping the little creeps active.

Victoria said...

I'm scared of what it's going to be like when we get that ac out of there. That corner of the house seems to be the worst with them.
They can go away now!!!!!