What a gorgeous day! And, as it happens, today is my birthday. Usually I am not a fan of my birthday, and while I'm not so sure about this getting older thing, I've learned from my very good friends that your birthday is yours to relish.
Here are my gifts today:
1. Kids up and ready for school without the usual moaning and groaning.
2. Coffee made for me by the husband, along with a note that made me smile.
3. Flowers from my co-workers.
4. A cool cabinet that I didn't expect to get to bring home with me.
5. Not even thinking about what's for dinner - no cooking, no shopping.
6. Getting to talk to very good friends.
7. My parents stopping in and bringing me presents.
8. Strawberry shortcake.
9. Texts and Facebook messages.
10. The three tiny gnomes K4 got me. They are so cute. (don't worry - they can't fool me)
So there you have it. It's been a good day.