Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry, Merry, Happy....

Happy Birthday to my baby girl! She won't see this because she doesn't look at my blog, but she is the very best present I have ever gotten. She may have been a little unexpected, but she has been totally loved and wanted from the very beginning. She's amazing and I can't imagine ever being without this kid! Her sarcasm and imagination are epic and she is just...the best! I love her so much... Even when she doesn't love me....
We have had a pretty fantastic day at Casa Smith. The big presents for the kids never showed, but they now know what they are and are patiently awaiting the arrival... who knows when that will be (but it better be soon or I will be very angry) We had a lot of fun... just the four of us... with presents, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We were up as early as days past... before the sun... K4 followed me to the bathroom at 4 am asking why we had to wait so long until morning. I patted her head and said Happy Birthday and told her to go back to bed. She texted me at 6:05 and asked me why she couldn't wake me up... And then I was up... Making coffee, tea, and hot chocolate...
We opened presents... The two at home got some from their lists and some from ours... That's the thing... these kids are grateful no matter what... They know. They get it. They are awesome people! They know this Christmas sucks because of my job loss and the subsequent half income thing... They don't care... They accept what they get with a smile and a thank you. And don't even seem to realize this Christmas is different.  (Except for the fact that we should have a new TV)
I have some pretty awesome kids....
Not just the ones here this morning, but all of them...
We have had a very blessed Christmas! I hope you have had the same!
Behave!

No comments: