Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Madness...

Our furry-legged baby is leaving tonight. We are all very sad. And yes, we are on the search for a puppy! I wish we could find one for Christmas, but I don't think that's going to happen. We've really loved having her, even though there were moments I could have done without. You'll have stuff like that with a puppy though...
I'm trying really hard not to stress about next week. I have one present currently under construction, one in transit, and nothing else. I don't even have a complete list - just a few scraps of paper with ideas written down. My kids are doing a "Secret Santa" exchange between the four of them and spouses, only it's not a secret because everyone knows who the other has. They put a $5.00 limit on it - silly or serious gifts. We have to take care of that, too. But this weekend is our wedding anniversary and the younger K's will be hanging at their cousin's so That Man and I can have some alone time. I am very much looking forward to it, even with the metric crapton of stuff we have to do. 
This Sunday is our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party. I'm looking forward to it, but need to make a list of things to do for that as well! AND it's impossible to find ugly sweaters at the second hand store because everyone must have had the same idea! 
I am making progress on the writing front. My writing chapter does "Blast Week" every other month - basically we sign up to host and then run timed blasts in our chat room. It's always a good thing - not only do you get a chance to chat with writing friends, but there's a challenge to actually get something done. No one wants to come back at the end of the time to say they washed dishes or answered email. Plus, there's a drawing for prizes at the meeting following blast week, so there's an incentive to attend. I ran one this morning and got a lot done. 
I am not making progress on the job front. This is a very sucky time of year to be looking. There's nothing being posted on any of the job sites. I have dozens of resumes out there. I'm discouraged and kind of freaking out, but trying really hard not to. I think it'll open up after the first of the year. At least I hope so. 
And that is all for now...
Behave!

No comments: