Pages

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The Internet & Trolls...

Excuse me while I rant a little...
Since when does the fact that no one can see you or know your true identity on the web give you the right to act like a complete and total jerk? Does being safely hidden behind your keyboard really mean you can purposefully cut people down, make fun of them, say evil things, and insult people? Would you say those things to your family, friends, or a total stranger in person?
I've seen a lot of nasty things posted as "anonymous" lately. Hurtful, mean things that shouldn't, but do, have the power to really impact people in a negative way. A lot of the time, that is the impact. It's human nature to sometimes remember the bad stuff and forget the good - ignore the ones who love us and support us in favor of the people who make us feel like crap about ourselves. I'm not sure why we do that to ourselves, but we do and it's a hard place to get out of.
I guess your power as a troll is that - putting people down and living high on your obnoxious behavior. How do you sleep? How do you look at yourself in the mirror? I hope you can't.
I hope one day you realize what you've done...
Behave!
Sidenote - This isn't meant to be cryptic. It's regarding an incident that happened to a friend of mine's family and past events that one of my kids have dealt with.

No comments: