Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday Nonsense...

1. The people that live in this house with me are nutty, as are the family members that visit. That's not really news after all of the years I've done this blog, but sometimes I need to remind you. For example, I came home to crazy music, a grandson running around with no shirt on (yes, it's winter), toys all over the living room floor, and a whole ton of chaos.

2. K1 cooked us dinner tonight. He made fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, grilled brussel sprouts, and he even made his own butter. It was very, very good and was a nice surprise. That Man and I cleaned up the millions of bowls and pans he used, but that's okay. It was worth it.

3. Work was another interesting day. When I got in, all I could do was clock in. The phones, Internet...everything was down. For three hours, I scanned nonsense paperwork (boring) to help the accounting department. *snore* Did have some good conversations with co-workers, and the laid back atmosphere was nice. Then, the system came back up and I realized how backlogged I am... Yeah, a day like that.

4. I've touched my editing every single night this week. That's a good feeling. I'm getting there.

5. This weather is weird! This morning was warm enough to go without a coat, by lunch, I was freezing my butt off and trying not to blow away in the wind. It's still windy and cold and I want to know where the snow is...

6. We worked on the basement tonight. Managed to get a decent amount done in the time we'd allotted. Neither of us wanted to do it, and we both had other things to do, so we agreed to work like hell for a certain amount of time and we nailed it. We still have a lot to do, including getting the Christmas stuff down there. Technically we could put them down there now, but we might as well get the whole tiny room done before we do that. We call it the "body room". It's probably six feet wide and fourteen feet long with shelves on one side and a door - probably the old root cellar. We primarily use it to store the decorations and kitchen stuff we only use every once in a while. In recent times, well... It's time to clean up....

7. Date night with That Man tomorrow night. I hope. We've tried to do date night every weekend for the past three weeks and have failed miserably. Hopefully we can make it work tomorrow night.

That is all for now...

Behave.

No comments: