Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stella...

Stella started around 9pm last night. I wasn't sure, even when I went to bed at 11pm, that anything was going to really happen. I woke up at 2:30am and was excited to see how much snow we had already... and I couldn't go back to sleep.
I got up with That Man and K1 around 4am. Made them some coffee and helped them get out the door for their snowplowing gig. (Have no idea when they'll be home) Went back to bed... it was 5:30 until I finally fell back to sleep.
Luckily enough, I woke at 6:30 to a text from the day job saying we were closed. Yay! Went back to sleep for a while, but had to get up with the dog and the furnace.
That Man's brother is here from California. He opted to crash here last night due to his schedule. He's been staying with their sister about an hour from here since we have a full house at the moment. He ran the snow blower and cleaned off my Jeep so the snow wouldn't cave in the soft top and he and K3 did the shoveling. Nice!
I cleaned a bit, started laundry, tried to nap, drank a ton of coffee... Now it's writing time. Though a real nap just might be in my near future once I get some writing done.
It's so quiet. The dog is napping. K4 is doing homework. K3 is taking a nap. The television is off. That Brother is working with his head phones in. I have about three hours until time to make dinner.
We have around 16" in my backyard. I think. I'm not willing to hike the twenty feet to the picnic table with a ruler to find out for sure. The winds are kicking up now, so we'll see what happens next. Everything is closed and they are asking people to stay off of the roads. The plow has come by once and that was hours ago.
We'll see what tomorrow brings...
Until then, here's my crazy dog running around like a freak. She loves the snow! It's not a great picture, but you can kind of see That Brother clearing off my Jeep in the background! (This was around nine this morning)

Behave!


No comments: