Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Feel Good Friday...

Well... Here we are again... Friday. A day like any other, except with the potential for sleeping in tomorrow.

Here is my list:

1. Watching Jericho. I haven't watched this for years (like forever... at least maybe ten years?) and I am loving it. I am so happy it's still on Netflix. I just wish there could be more than just two seasons. The character growth in this show is amazing, but some of the stuff they do is just not possible and doesn't make sense, but I can forgive that. I do love this show. It speaks to me and it helps me write.

2. Ben & Jerry's canoli ice cream. Oh Dear God. I had to put it back in the freezer. I could have eaten the entire thing. I will probably have this for breakfast.

3. Getting words on the page. I've gotten quite a few tonight, but not enough yet. I am not pushing myself after such a long dry spell, but I am making progress and it feels good. I don't know that I will finish this weekend, but every word gets me closer. My friend made me take last night off last night and it did help. I feel more rested and focused and I found some back story that's relevant to where I'm at right now with the story, so that's good. But essentially, this story is a huge steaming pile of poo. Ha!

4. Getting to the bank. Finally. I have had several things to do there since before all of this Covid started. I forgot one damned thing... a new checkbook register, but other than that I feel pretty damned productive. I had to make an appointment. And they were super efficient and super fast. I had about six things on my list and I was out of there in twenty-five minutes. And the staff was awesome. I have always loved my bank, but I love them even more now. And, despite having to wear a mask, I felt normal for once in a long time.

5. A pretty average day job week. I was busy - busier than I've been, which is good. I did the training thing, which is weird because I can't be on the same program at the same time, so I'm training from memory, but it seems to be working out. And I'm training and have only been there seven months. And for three of those months, I've been working from home and making my own thing happen... so... It's all still good though!

6. Hanging with the kid. She kills me with her humor and intelligence. She has the most caring heart and a most compassionate soul. She is passionate in her opinions and beliefs and likes to debate, which I appreciate. She wants more cats, which I am severely opposed to. We have more than enough cats in this house. I did put my foot down, but I also know if there are kittens that need rescuing... ha!

7. My dog. She's a mess. My office is on the second floor and today, for the first time ever, she decided to check out what was going on outside by putting herself all up in the window. There is no screen there. And I guess it wouldn't really matter if there was. If she was determined enough, she would have busted right through a screen. But it freaked me out. And now I can't leave her in the office with the window up at all.

8. The potential for sleeping in tomorrow! When I plan to sleep in, I get up super early and am pissed. So my plan is to just lounge in bed for as long as possible. It's nice and cool in here. I have a television, my computer, and the Internet. I have a fire stick on my television, so I'm good. Ha!

That is all.

Behave!

No comments: