Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2020

Feel Good...Sunday? And Weekend Wrap Up...

I couldn't find any feel goods on Friday. I tried. I started several posts, but ended up closing down my computer and leaving it in the office. I was too raw and concerned. Nothing has changed with our friends since Thursday's post and I'm still sad.

The best I could do was get to the end of the workday and order some pizza.

So, I do have a list now...

1. Getting porch work done. That Man and I are super sore and hurting, but we're making progress. We got the upper outer portion painted and it's a huge difference. I'm amazed every time I look at it. We still have about 2/3 of the porch ceiling to strip paint from, and the floor, but every day we make progress.

2. Choosing colors for the porch. They are a "bit" different from the normal colors you see everyday, but will definitely put the house back to period appropriate and that's what we want. And no, they aren't gaudy or gross. I also found an outside rug for when the porch is done and I love it.

3. Cleaning house. I vacuumed, mopped, and did the things. K4 dusted, fetched and carried, and helped me do the things. We were an awesome team. And we knocked it out pretty quickly. The laundry is done, the house smells good, and it's clean.

4. Grilled shrimp for dinner last night. So very very good. Rice and asparagus as sides. It was delicious.

5. Zoom call with our Avo family last night. These people have been our friends for over 20 years. They were part of our brother-in-laws band back in the day and we hit every single show we could and became fast friends. Our kids grew up with Avo. We have had some of the best times of our lives with these amazing people. It was awesome to see them and have a real-time conversation. We talked for over three hours and it was so much fun. (Avo is part of the band's name)

6. Sleeping in today. Of course, I didn't get to bed until around 1am because of #5. No regrets, but I did enjoy staying in bed longer than normal.

7. Oh! And our car... We made our appointment to get our new-to-us car inspected last week. We went about three miles down the road to go to the store the same day after we made the appointment. The check engine light came on and the D light on the shifter started flashing. We did some research and found several possible reasons. That Man checked the fluids. We called our mechanic. He wasn't too worried. He thought maybe a critter got up there and chewed some wires. He agreed with That Man that the transmission fluid was gross and changed it with the "approved" fluids. We picked it up. Got maybe two miles down the road and the lights came back on. Turned around and took it back. He'd already bought the other part he thought we might need, but didn't want to put it on if it was just the fluid. He was so upset though. He kept apologizing and we were not upset and understood what his intentions were. He changed the part and drove it home and back and around town and no light. We picked it up and still no lights. We shall see... If that didn't solve the problem, the rest should be covered under the warranty. And yes, we made sure that we did everything according to the policy so the warranty wasn't voided. But still... geeze!! We've had the car six months and it's pretty much been in the driveway since March. (yeah... we know that might be part of it...) Ha!

8. Camper - That Man made a "deck" for the stairs today. Yes. The automatic steps need fixed, but it's a bigger job than he has time for right now. We need the "deck" so the stairs don't put too much pressure on the floor in the entryway. (It's complicated...) I am taking the camper next weekend for a girl's weekend with some crazy friends. I am close with exactly five of the ten people coming, so it should be interesting for me... I'm going to be the oldest one there and I will get to know the other people in this friend group. I have met most of them, but have never had the chance to connect, so maybe this will be good? I can tell you that this group of ladies made food for the family when our dad died and made food for the family when our mom died, and some of them came out and helped when we were cleaning out the house, so there's that. But our mutual friend is turning 40 (baby) and I am looking forward to hanging with these ladies and taking a break. And I am looking forward to sleeping in my camper and having the comforts of home. (bathroom! Whoot!)

9. In that same thread, hopefully July 4 will be a camping weekend! I hope. I hope. I hope.

10. Writing. I am less than 8K words with being done with this story. It's going well. It's going to need a crapton of editing. Like a metric crapton. But done is done. I am hoping to get it finished this week, though I am not exactly in the place I need to be to zoom to the end. But I am definitely getting there, so even if it takes longer than this week, that's okay. Done is done. And a blank page can't be fixed. I have many non-blank pages... ha!

That's it... Tomorrow is a work day. I need to get some checks written first thing and then we are heading into the office. I need to do a supply inventory and put away the stuff I ordered last week. It's hard to keep up on supplies when you're not there and the field guys are busy and need stuff. New challenge.

Behave!

No comments: