Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you and yours and wonderful holiday!!

We're there! 

From here on out, it's crazy for me! And I probably won't post again for a few days. (Actually it's been crazy, which is why I haven't posted)

The wrapping is done. 

I'm cooking like a mad woman. Despite the fact that our Christmas Eve crowd is super, super small, I'm still putting out a spread. Plus, I need to make vegan options for my kid. I'm making Mom's chicken rice soup, and a vegan version with tofu. And, as typical for me, I believe I am making too much of everything! Ha!  

I made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake last night. I didn't need to, except...I promised a lady at work before I realized I didn't need to make one for Christmas, and I needed to prove to myself that I hadn't lost my touch with it. The last one I made was awful. This one, I'm happy to say, turned out the way it's supposed to. 

Also, I'm putting together K4's birthday dinner so all I have to do is pop it in the oven on Christmas day. She requested stuffed shells again, which is fine by me. I've already made a vegan/gluten-free version. I have the filling for the shells mixed up and the sauce made. All I need to do is cook the shells and get them filled. That's later tonight. 

First we have to run to a co-workers to drop something off, and then do a porch drop for a friend. I have no idea what to make for dinner and at this point, I don't care. Last night was fend for yourself. Our Hello Fresh box came, so that's an option, but my problem is time. 

Anyway. This year is so different, but I'm excited. We are determined to make K4's 21st birthday as special as we can, so even though she can't have the party she wanted, I hope it's just as good. Also, I don't work the day job again until next Wednesday, so that's also exciting. 

The grandkids were a blast this past weekend. They had so much fun together and we had fun with them. Though we were super tired. They played in the snow, played with the gifts they got each other, and talked a mile a minute. We took them to K2's so the kids could see each other and that was really nice, too. Sunday was also our 34th anniversary. We ordered food and pretty much vegged on the couch after getting back from taking the kids home. That's okay. The day was super awesome. I got to see all of my grandkids and all of my kids, even from a distance. That did wonders for me!

Tomorrow will be cleaning and finishing up the cooking. We moved things to an earlier time due to conflicts, so a little bit of hustle is needed. That Man is off, and so is K4, so we should have no problem getting stuff done.

Be safe and well and enjoy! 

Behave!  


No comments: