Pages

Sunday, December 06, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up...

This weekend went really fast... 

Friday night was basically relaxing, watching Harry Potter... We were in bed super early. 

Saturday... 

Got to see the siblings. That was really, really nice. We took care of business, talked, laughed, and ate some pizza. It was so very good to see everyone! 

I know I said I was probably going to cancel the big Christmas Eve shindig (and I still am), but finding out that family wasn't going to come anyways, before I made the decision kind of hit me hard. 

I mean, it is absolutely fine. And after a bit of processing, I am okay, despite the fact that I'll miss them and the fun we have. 

I tell my kids all of the time... you do what you want and you should! Do different things because you can! Life is about experiences and change. I never want them to do something because they feel obligated and I feel that way for everyone (even though it's hard on me emotionally sometimes lol). Yes, tradition has a place. But tradition can change to what fits and suits everyone's needs. I'm down with that. 

I also know that I have the best siblings anyone could ever have, and there's that. And hopefully our gathering on Saturday is the start of a new tradition for us. 

We had to cut our visit short though. Instead of hanging out well into the evening like we wanted, That Man and I had to go take care of helping with something that's hopefully the last time ever. We didn't think it was going to happen at all, but when we got the text, we had to change the plans because we were already committed to the thing. Folks were gone by like 6pm. We left shortly after, did our thing, and were back home by like 9. 

We were exhausted but we did squeeze in a viewing of the new Mulan. I totally loved it. 

Today has been pretty much chilling all day. I took care of getting some of the paperwork from yesterday ready to mail. We hung our solar lights on the porch, started laundry, made our last Hello Fresh bundle, and basically just relaxed.

The lights are cute and turned out almost exactly what we hoped. I went to order another strand for the fence, but they are out of stock. Crap. Our Hello Fresh meal was really delicious. And laundry is still in the machine. Ha! 

That is all!

Behave! 


No comments: