Pages

Monday, November 20, 2006

Just What We Needed

This is what I woke to Saturday morning!
A beach sunrise!
B and I actually pulled off a weekend away. Next month is our wedding anniversary and this is the first time in 20 years we've ever gone away just us. We didn't even take a honeymoon.
Normally, when we try to plan a weekend away something happens. One of the kids is sick, there's an obligation we can't get out of, or we get all logical and look at the money we'd spend. To be honest, up until the time we left, I had my doubts we'd actually go. But that's probably related to our previous history.
Once we got the kiddos settled and off to their destinations, we hit the road. Got a little lost (that's what happens when you don't bother to get directions, or a good map), but we finally arrived. And we had a most awesome time!

1 comment:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm so happy for you! You really, really deserved this.