Pages

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Birthday Shoutout

Happy Birthday to my baby sister & bestest friend!!
We often get mistaken for twins and always definitely recognized as sisters (and there's seven years between us). The same can be said when our middle sister is with us. But the similarities between A and I are more defined. Often someone will come up to me and think I'm her and vice versa. We also have the same voice. Even our mother and husbands can't always tell us apart on the phone. I'll call into her work and the receptionist gets totally freaked out - especially if she's new. What makes this worse is that we're so close we often finish each others sentences and can tell a story collectively without tripping over each other. It's totally cool and often sends the recipient of our tale over the edge in confusion and bewilderment.
A is also one of my biggest cheerleaders when it comes to writing. If I complain about not having time, she'll tell me to get off the phone and get my butt in the chair. She reads for me, defends me and helps support me when rejections come my way. I can call her to brainstorm or get her reaction to an off the wall idea...i.e. How freaked out would you be if you found a decapitated dead bird in your deli sandwich after you took a bite? (note to self: warn her next time) (How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?)
So, thank you for being there for me. May you be blessed today and every day.
Happy Birthday!

No comments: