Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Dirty And Gross


Yep. You're seeing what you think you're seeing.
A pair of underwear we found in the woods. Full of mud. Or something. I think they used to be white. In all, they appeared in pretty good shape, so I definitely have to wonder all kinds of things. Why were they in the woods? Did my brother-in-law actually pick up something that really looked like that when they were taken off? Eww. Sorry. That was gross. As you can see, the dog is even offended. Or maybe not, since it doesn't look like she's paying any attention.
So, today's finally Friday. Thank goodness. We have a pretty full weekend, but that may change depending on sickness levels around here. So far there is one definitely under the weather and another that appears to be heading down the same slippery slope. I'm still knocking on wood since we never got the nasty flu everyone else had.
The short story I plotted out yesterday is bigger than short. I have more plot than I need for 15k words and there's no way to cut it down. I don't want to cut it down. I have all these ideas rolling around in my head for different scenes and a clear picture of the hero and heroine. So I think that'll be my next single title project, which excites me more than I can say, though I probably won't get to start it until the writing retreat in May. I have a whole list of stuff to take care of before opening the blank page to begin. I do have a different idea for the shortie, and plotting for that will commence shortly with some research before brainstorming.
Then, it's the daily activities of living - the usual Friday obligations.
And maybe a nap...
Behave!

No comments: