Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Riding The Bike


My brother-in-law testing out his new wheels during our hike through the woods on Sunday.
I told him the picture would be going up on the blog, which is why he's posing so pleasantly. I don't know. I'm not the one who has to live with him. Ha! I'm just kidding. The bike is a genuine Spiderman cartoon series one. I doubt you can see that. See the beard? He and K1 have a bet going about who can grow their beard longer. Neither are supposed to shave until this coming Christmas.Should be interesting.
But...seriously.
Sometimes I feel like that.
No. Not like a bearded man on a little, rusty bicycle in the middle of the woods.
But like someone stole my front tire. I pedal and pedal and never seem to get anywhere. I know I'm not alone in this. A lot of my writing friends are suffering from the same feelings. We talk about it and that helps and we keep plugging along while doing our best to pretend the tire, and the obligatory card clothes pinned to the spokes, are still there. It's something you just have to deal with, and work through.
The ceremony for K3 becoming a boy scout was really cool. They did a Chinese new year theme, complete with chinese food, decorations, chop sticks, and chinese finger toys. Yeah. The only thing about those fingers is that we were nearly late for school this morning because K3 and K4 were goofing around and got stuck while I was waiting for them to get into the car.
That's all.
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Wow. Amazing imagery, Smith.

And no, I don't mean the guy on the bike. :)

Victoria said...

LOL!!
Thanks!