Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blog Fodder



Pretty much everything I take pictures of is potential blog fodder. Take this scene for example. I didn't take the picture, especially since you can see my arms. It just goes to prove others have my photographic tendencies. Yes, it's sad. I know.
Anyway.
This was taken when B's brother was here and his whole family came over for the evening. There are several things I'd like to point out. First, the game. Apples to Apples is a blast and I highly recommend it. We laughed so hard, and we do each time we play. It's best in a medium-sized group. Second, if you look near the card rack you'll see a white napkin with a curved-looking item on top. That's my nephew's retainer. Ick. Third, is the table itself. We inherited the table from B's mom. It used to be a dark brown - almost black. We spent an entire week sanding and staining, expecting it to come out a honey-colored oak with burgundy trim. By the time it dried, we were a little dismayed because the colors didn't match. Now they do. The thing is, the wood is so soft (even with multiple coats of polyurethane). If you press down too hard while writing, you'll leave a message behind. There are a lot of messages. Some nights after dinner we'll stay at the table and try to decipher the remnants of school work, notes, and whatever else was written. It's a pretty cool thing.
Yeah. I know it's a random bunch of nonsense. Again, you should be used to that by now.
Oh, and the reason I didn't put the dead bird picture up is because I don't have the file on the laptop. Maybe later.
That is all.
Behave!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not nonsense! It's history!