Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Retreat! Last Day!

Well, it's nearly time to go. And I'm sad. And happy.
Leaving the retreat is always bittersweet.
We always think another day would be great, but the true fact is that is wouldn't be. I love being here - love having nothing to do but write, but I miss my family, too. The retreat is one of those perfect places. At least for me. By the time I go home I am recharged and comfortable in my writer's skin. It's easier to focus on the writing with everything else going on at home because I've had this time to recommit to my career and goals. I've been with other people who share my wants and needs and who understand how my brain works.
This year hasn't been about word counts. At all. It's been about figuring out what I need to do - finding my spark and maybe even a part of myself. I am ready to go home. Ready to continue with my next project - which, as it turns out, has been under my nose for a while now.
So...
Until next year, retreat room. Thank you for being here when I need you the most.
Behave!

3 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Glad you got what you needed at the retreat. Hope the homefront wasn't in too much chaos when you returned.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Faint hope, Sue! This is Smith you're talking to!

Victoria said...

lol! She's right, Sue! Chaos reigns here! It was like I never left - only with more laundry and mess, though to be fair to my family, they had an insane weekend. Usually I come home to spotlessness.
Such is life, I guess.