Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Answer!

Which of the following is the truth:
1. Upon opening the camper, a large rodent ran out between my legs. Bigger than a mouse. I screamed like a little girl and slammed the door. After gathering my wits, I armed myself with a metal pole and reopened the door. Nothing ran out, but the distinct odor of rodent urine and little fluffy bits of fabric filled our sweet summer haven. I am not happy. And I'm not sure if it was a squirrel or a rat. The extent of the damage is not yet known, but it looks like we'll be dragging our old trusty tent along this weekend, just in case the camper is now a rodent house. Joy. Nah! And Nat's right, I probably would have said something very unlady like.
2. Because I'm lazy, I drove the 'burban around my sister's yard to get to the camper. I had stuff to transfer and didn't want to have to walk too far. After taking care of my business, I pulled forward to turn around and made my first big mistake - mud. And a lot of it, too - like a swamp to my axles. Four wheel drive wasn't helping. She won't be happy with me for the damage to her yard. I was less happy with having to have her father-in-law pull my big ass out with the tractor. Also a no. Though I was a little worried when I had to put it in four wheel drive, but there was no damage and no getting stuck.
3. After taking care of my business with the camper, I decided to be nice and give my sister's camper a looksee for small rodents. Unbelievably, we somehow managed to get through another year parked next to their camper without a single dropping in ours, and I really wanted to tell her theirs was all clear as well. We have the same key for our campers, so I unlocked their door. And promptly broke the only key we know the whereabouts to off in their lock. I managed to get the door closed and locked, but now we have a stub for a key. Oh, and they still have mice. Yep. Luckily, I found our other set of keys. We were sure they'd fallen into an abyss somewhere and my brother-in-law is still able to get into their mice-ridden camper.
So there you have it.
Behave!

No comments: