Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

On Stinkbugs...

I get a lot of hits on my Stinkbug post - Where Have All the Stinkbugs gone?
I know people are curious, but the truth is...I don't know where they went!
There used to be hundreds in my house and now they're gone. My sister had even more than me, and, guess what? Hers are gone, too. (We had a contest and trust me when I say she won. The amount of stinkbugs she had was amazing!) Our other sister has seen a few on her tomato plants, but none in her house.
No one I know has experienced the plague of biblical proportions as we expected. As I mentioned in the post I linked to above, they are supposed to hibernate for 6-8 months. Wouldn't they hibernate in the winter though? I mean, we barely saw them in the winter unless the heat was cranked up or we had an unseasonably warm day. Spring brought hundreds and just when the weather really got nice and warm they disappeared.
I don't know what it means. Maybe they're off somewhere - plotting and waiting. Maybe they're in cahoots with my garden gnomes. I don't know. I'm wary and watchful though.
I'll let you know the second I see one...
Behave!

No comments: