I hope the holiday was nice for you!
We had a good day - first serving dinner at the soup kitchen and then hanging out with my awesome family.
Here's the list:
1. Having the opportunity to serve with my kids. K4 did not want to go. In fact, she refused to get dressed at one point. We managed to get out the door, and, of course, she was the one who ended up with the best experience. The elevator lift broke down and we couldn't get wheelchairs up or down. A woman came in with her assist dog and there was no way to get her into the dining room. We set her up in a small meeting room easily accessible with her wheelchair and K4 took it upon herself to be their personal attendant. The woman and her friend very much appreciated the effort K4 put into taking care of them - carrying dishes, refilling drinks, bringing the dog water, and clearing away the dirties. I think my daughter walked away with more appreciation though and for that I am very thankful and proud of her.
2. Fantastic food and wonderful company. We ate late, but we ate well and laughed much. Throw in some good wine and a hilarious car ride...
3. Sleeping in this morning (especially since I was up a lot of the night feeling the effects of eating too much).
4. Being lazy and staying in my pajamas until almost 4pm when we had to do a Boy Scout thing.
5. Hanging out with our soon to be daughter-in-law due to random circumstance. And the way she hangs out with K4 and makes her feel special.
6. Watching movies with the family even though my husband is commenting on the wrong historical details.
7. It's only Friday - even though I feel like it's Sunday.
8. K2 turning 20 on Sunday!
9. My nice warm bed.
10. Talking to my sister really late at night and laughing our butts off!
That is all for now.