Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Pretty...


The flowers on my front porch.
We dug our own mums, hollowed out the pumpkins and planted the mums inside. The digging was interesting. We had a ton of rain the day before and the mum field was a mess. There was mud everywhere, but the flowers were easy to dig out of the ground.
I'm wondering how long they'll last. The front porch is in full sun and it hasn't exactly been cool fall weather around here lately. The neat thing is we can just plant the mum - pumpkin and all - when it's time to put them in the ground. Now I just have to decide where I want them.
And can I just rant a tiny bit?
Christmas decorations already?
Please! It's October! I saw them at the beginning of October, too. It makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but to start pushing it so early makes the season seem more of a burden than a joy. I understand the whole retail point of view, but I really think some of the joy lessens if we're faced with the images of Christmas as we're gathering the Halloween candy for Trick or Treat.
My opinion.
That's all for now.
Behave!

No comments: