Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's That Time of Year...Again

RWA National Conference time...
and again...I won't be there. I'm bummed, to say the least.
It's in San Francisco this year. Originally, I entertained the idea of jumping on a plane with my mom and sisters for some girl bonding and visiting (we have family on the left coast). It's probably a good thing it didn't work out since some of that family is coming this weekend and I have no idea how child care would have worked out with the schedule around here. Anyway. Nat's getting on a jet plane soon and I can't wait to hear how it goes for her.
Next year the conference is on my coast. Washington DC, baby. My RWA chapter is looking into chartering transportation based on member interest. And I'm definitely interested. Hopefully, it works out for me to actually get there. Just the thought of going makes me all excited and it's a whole year away. For those of us not attending the conference, things are slow. We have to live vicariously through blogs and a lot of the email loops are mostly silent until at least Monday.
Anyway.
It's Tuesday. Library day for us. The kids are patiently waiting for me to announce it's time to go. I hate to get there first thing since they have story time for the toddler set and it's chaos, so we'll be waiting a little longer. I haven't heard from K2 yet. I'm anxious to find out how it's going for her. On Friday my cousin and her fiance arrive for a long weekend. That should be fun. I'm hosting dinner their first night in since most of the family has other plans. At this point, I have no idea what I'm making, though they assure me they're not picky eaters.
And I'm busily working on revising one of my all time favorite manuscripts. Out of everything I've written this one has a special place in my heart. The revisions are going well - it's one of those times where I actually love editing probably because I'm confident that the bones of the story are strong enough.
So that's it...a rambling post...
Behave!

No comments: