Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Whew!

What a day!
It was long. Very long. And thank goodness, it's finally over.
I started the day early and feeling really crappy after a sleepless night. I don't think I fell asleep until nearly 3 am - don't ask me why, this has been happening all summer. It's down to occasionally now, but there for a while it was every night.
Anyway. We dropped K2 off for her trip to Pittsburgh, then we had to get ready for B's family reunion. It's always pretty hot on family reunion day, and this year was no exception. We had a really good time, made better by the fact that B's sister and family were there and we always have a blast with them.
Then, I left there to go check on my friend, Jo, who happened to fall off a parade float Saturday and separated her shoulder and broke her hand. She lives alone, so you can imagine how much of a hassle it is for her to get the simplest things done. And they put a childproof cap on her pain medicine...she had to call her neighbor to come and open it for her. Geeze. Anyway. I took her some food, rewrapped her boo-boo, and did some household chores for her.
Then, rushed home, rested for about 5.2 seconds before having to head out to boy scouts. The meeting went a little longer than normal. Doesn't that figure?
Haven't had a day like this in a long time.
And like I said, it's finally over!
Excuse me while I crash.
Behave!

No comments: