Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Bedtime...

So why am I still up?
Well, I'll tell you...
I took care of 99% of my admin duties yesterday so I could have today as primarily a writing day. I only had 6 things on my famous "to do" list today, and this is the only thing not crossed off. Though it will be in a few.
Anyway.
I ended up staying up later than I'd planned, because, as usual, my best-laid plans went awry. The morning went okay, despite the frigid temperature in my house. I took a walk, then came back home and finished catching up on email. Well...then things kind of went haywire after that and I just now met the goal I'd set for myself. A goal, that on a day without haywire, would have been finished before the first kid came home from school. That's beside the point though. Some things just can't be helped. But there was no way I was going to give up this goal. I knew I'd be pissed at myself if I stopped before reaching it. Now I can go to bed feeling like I've accomplished something even while dealing with issues no one expects or likes to deal with.
The lovely thing is that when I came home from the monthly scout committee meeting, the house was nice and warm. It was hard not to melt into puddle of cozy bliss.
And now...
I'm crossing off my final item and going to bed!
Behave!

No comments: