Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Intrigued


No Moaning Monday post. There's so much moaning, I wouldn't even know where to start. We won't even go there.
Instead, we're going to talk about this picture. B and I drove by this old building the other day, and again over the weekend. We tried to find a way to get closer, but apparently, it's on private property. I made him slow down so I could take this picture, but it seriously doesn't do it justice.
There's just something about this building. It's three stories high, brick, and ages old. I've spent a lot of time researching it, to no avail. I can't find any information. Though from the bridge remnants around it, and the evidence of an old road, this was maybe a hotel, or an old trading post, or someplace significant to the area.
I want to know so badly. I keep thinking about it. I can imagine it in it's heyday.
Maybe it's just my interest in old buildings, but the lack of knowledge is driving me nuts.
Behave!

No comments: