Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday...

So here we are at Sunday. The work week begins in a few hours and I'm sad....

We had a most excellent weekend. We made a huge dent in our yard work (my legs and butt can't deny that), we grilled great food (including awesome London Broil and the ridiculous chicken marinade idea K4 and I had, which was good, but not as good as it could have been), the laundry got done, and grocery shopping, my air conditioner got put in, and I finished and sent back my edits. (right on target)

I'm looking forward to sleeping in a cool room. Last night was brutal.

There are stupid aphids on my tomato plants. I have battled them all weekend. I think I am losing. I'm doing the mild detergent, removing them, and snipping off the most affected leaves. We'll see what happens... I still have unaffected blooms, for now, which is good.

I now have a high school senior. Looking forward to this year with my kid! She also starts her new job on Wednesday. Super cool.

The kittens are thriving. Momma is also doing well. She pops her head up and stares at us when she's hungry, which is a good thing. K4 held one of the babies last night and he was super comfortable with her and us. I haven't seen them much today, but That Man saw them early this morning - playing and nursing out in the open. I think we may have homes for all, including momma.

I've been outside doing edits all day. It was really nice to sit in a clean yard and work. K3 also worked outside all day. We ended up sharing a space in the shade when the sun got too brutal. The kids would holler at me when it looked like I was slacking off (which I did. A lot) and it was the encouragement I needed to get done.

Now it's folding laundry time and bed time...

That is all...

Behave!!


No comments: