Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Jumble

This week hasn't been the best so far.
Except for last night. Yesterday was our anniversary. Our trip in November was our gift to ourselves, so last night we stayed home. Which was nice, since it was also the first night in a week that we haven't had evening obligations. The grill malfunctioned though - and we didn't eat until late. Then we worked on the wrapping. Boring? Maybe to some. For me, just being able to spend some time together - talking and laughing - is far better than anything else we could have done. After twenty years, he's still my bestest friend in the whole world.
The crappy part of the week?
K1 might have mono. He's missed, so far, 2 days of school under doctors orders. He's home again now, but I'm hoping he can get to school before too much longer. Yesterday, he was doing great. Bored off his butt and working really hard at making me crazy. By last night, all the symptoms came back with a vengeance. By this morning, he had to crawl to the bathroom. We won't know until next week for sure, but the poor kid just signed up to play Rugby. Something he's been dying to do for a long time. If he has mono he won't be able to start practices in January.
And I'm still not done with my shopping. A combination of no time, not wanting to leave the sick kid and other obligations. I'd planned to go today, but he's home and I have to go to school to help with the parties. Tomorrow for sure. I hope.
And K2 didn't get a part in the spring musical. She's so bummed and my heart breaks for her. After months of tap classes and constant practice. She's good too, so I'm really confused. Her name wasn't even on the board though and she's worried that they lost her form. On a good note, she's gathering her paperwork for an arts school. Like a votech, but for drama. The only problem is no transportation is provided.
Yeah. A hard week.
But, I do still have a little Christmas spirit in me. Wrapping last night helped a ton. And everything that needs done will get done. I know that. By Sunday, I'll be excited and less worried about everything. No matter what, we'll have a wonderful holiday.
And I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Congratulations, again, on your 20 years!

I'm sorry about K1 and K2. Disappointments are sooooo difficult at that age--for the parents as much as the kids!

Take care of yourself with all this going on--don't get too run down.