Pages

Friday, December 01, 2006

'Tis The Season...

For things to break.
I guess.
Ignore what I said in my previous post. Whatever is going on is worse that tryptophan depleting the ozone layer. It seems that the bad luck is rolling from one person to another with extreme levels for all affected. Weird. And I'm not liking the whole thing.
Especially since I seem to be the one holding on to the crappy luck right now.
1. K1 had to visit the doc yesterday. His eyes were swollen and had an itchy rash around them. An allergy, yes. But to what?
2. My oven died. I went to make dinner last night and the darned thing wouldn't turn on. The stove part works, but dang.
3. This morning I came down groggy and in serious need of caffeine. I turned the coffee pot on...and nothing. I did manage to get coffee, but dang.
4. My dryer is doing a death rattle. Anyone who knows my luck with dryers will shake their heads. I have gone through 5 in the past 10 years. Dang.
For B and I, the holiday season has always meant a run of bad luck - things breaking, big unexpected bills, family issues. The very first year we hosted Thanksgiving, our hot water heater died. His father had his stroke Thanksgiving morning.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I still don't have to like it, though, do I?

No comments: