Pages

Monday, February 04, 2008

Oh Boy...

I'm a little worried.
I've got one home today...flu-like symptoms, though it's too early to tell if she really has the flu or if something else is going on. Except she was with children who'd been/were sick. Which is not a big deal considering everyone at her school is coming down with the same thing. We'll see. All I know is that when I called her for school this morning, the response I got zoomed past my B.S. meter without a second thought. Well, that and the fever she's running. She's one that frequently attempts to yank my chain, though this will only be the second day of school she's missed this school year. My B.S. meter is fairly well-honed thanks to K1.
And now we see if this spreads to everyone, or stays localized. (hence the worry)
Our night ended a little later than I would have liked, and now I'm dealing with the after-effects and K2. She's late - woke up late and ohsovery cranky. And, thanks to that, I've had to request favors of time, traffic frustration, and gas to get her to her arts school. None of which would be a problem if K4 wasn't feeling so yucky. And K3's clock is set wrong. He woke me an hour before my alarm was due to go off to tell me we were probably late. Then, he continued to come and harass me about the time every few minutes. Not in a rude way, just in a worried we were late way. Then, he realized his clock was wrong. My day hasn't started off very well.
Anyway.
Today is B's birthday. No, I'm not going to tell you how old he is. We're not doing much this evening. Our usual Monday obligations will pretty much prevent that (if he doesn't get stuck at work). He's not a big fan of his birthday. Never has been, and I've been with him for at least three-fourths of his total birthdays. It's always been the same. I say "happy birthday", and he says "whatever". Though this morning he didn't. I think he felt sorry for me because of all the crap I'd already dealt with.
That's all for now.
Wasn't it enough?
Behave!

No comments: