Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tagged! Again...

Natalie tagged me...


The rules:

Once you're tagged, you have to write a blog with ten (10) random things, facts, goals or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose ten (10) people to tag, listing their names and why you chose them. You also have to leave them a comment telling them "you're it," and instruct them to read your blog for instructions. The rules also state you can't tag a person who's already tagged you.

...okay, but I think I just did one very similar to this...

1. Being without Internet bugs the crap out of me! (it's first because I've had to restart my computer twice this morning, lost my connection once, and I'm still miffed that I can't get online with my laptop!)

2. (borrowing from Nat a little) The S, M, and V keys are completely worn off on my keyboard. Soon A, D, N, E, and C will follow. This drives my family nuts, but makes no difference to me. On the laptop the N is fading and there's a definite wearing of the space bar. It's a good thing I don't need to see the keys to type because replacing the laptop keyboard...well, how easy or logical is that?

3. See #1. If I keep losing my connection it's going to take me days to finish this! Argh!

4. I was a Girl Scout for a very long time, but have very few memories of it. Well, except for the girl who was really freaked out by germs and would cry if she thought you touched something she was going to touch. And making tie-dye, though I don't remember what I made.

5. In high school and college I had perfect grades in grammar and english. By the time I started seriously writing, I couldn't remember most of the grammar rules (just ask my critique partners). It's taken quite a while, but I'm finally starting to remember them...well...all but that stinking apostrophe crap.

6. I wanted to be lots of different things when I "grew up". A graphic artist, a photographer, an archeologist, a nurse, a mom, a writer, an oceanographer, a marine biologist, and several others. Out of that list, I've managed 3.

7. Going from #6, besides being a mom, being a writer is the best job ever. It's also the hardest (besides being a mom).

8. I love to write creepy stuff. Really crazy villians and really odd scenarios. I'm not sure it's "dark", but out of my critique group, I probably write the darkest - or maybe that's "weirdest". I do like me some sarcasm and obnoxious behavior from my hero and heroine though. And there always has to be romance and a happy ending.

9. When I get into a good story, I will continue reading until it's done. I read pretty fast, too. I read the last Harry Potter in less than 36 hours. Yes, I skim, but I still absorb the words on the page and retain what I've read. My dad is the exact same way.

10. I get frustrated and irritated when my house is cluttered. I do like things neat and tidy, but with 6 people, the dog, and the cat living here, I've had to relax my standards or risk going insane and having no time to write. It's taken me a while, and it totally conflicts with my "supermom" syndrome, but now that the kids are older, I refuse to carry the burden of housekeeping alone. Guess what we're doing tomorrow on their day off school? I have to keep reminding myself of that, because today is a writing day for me and if I think too hard about the dust bunnies cohabitating under the kitchen table I'll be so annoyed I won't get anything done.

So there you have it. Too much information, as usual. But hey! I didn't mention bodily fluids in this post! Again, I'm not tagging anyone because most of the people I know have already been tagged.

Oh, and Happy V-D! (eh! Whatever!)

Behave!

No comments: