Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Dear...

Dear Winter - 

We're in the long, dark cold now. Nothing coming up to look forward to, made even worse by Covid. (except my retreat, but I'm not getting too excited yet) The sun hasn't been around for days. Today it was dark all day, just varying degrees of darkness. I don't know whether to wish you away, or just wait and let you fly by on your own. 


Dear Rude Woman - 

Okay, she's a distant neighbor. She was kind of friends with my mother-in-law when she lived behind us. (kind of) That Man helped her out with some stuff a few times, at his mom's request, but the tendency for advantage to be taken is there, so we keep our distance. The last time we saw her was when she marched right under the bucket of the tree trimming truck, while the chainsaw was running, and demanded to know what we were doing. (umm... hello?) She does not speak to me. Ever. Even if I'm with That Man when she sees him. She does not even acknowledge my existence. Which is absolutely fine with me. I'd rather not.

Anyway. When That Man got home today, she was putting her trash out. She asked him how his mom was doing. He was floored. (His sister went and told her specifically that their mom had passed). He told her she passed a few years ago and she acted like she didn't believe him. No, seriously. Like he was lying to her or something. That Man walked away without another word, but I am dumbfounded. 


Dear Current Work in Progress - 

Why won't you end? Every day I put words in you and every day there are more words that need to go in. I am so close to finishing. And I'm writing decent word counts every day. I would think you would be done by now?


Dear Animals - 

Can you calm the shedding down a little? Please and thanks!


Dear Christmas Decorations - 

Can you maybe put yourselves away this year? I don't feel like messing with you right now. Because to put you away, I need to organize my storage room. And that's not going to be fun. It's not going to be hard, but there's a lot of stuff I want gone, so... Plus, I feel like your holiday came and went in a puff of smoke and I want to keep you around a little bit longer. 


Dear White Car - 

Stop parking in stupid places. Stop parking in front of my dedicated, stoned parking area. Stop parking in the middle of the road. Stop parking in front of the neighbors garage. Just stop. 

I've already called the police on you once when you blocked my off street parking for hours on end. I will call every single time you park on my property and inconvenience my life. I mean, who does that? It's very clearly someone's private parking area. It's very clearly not your garage. 

You are infuriating and I don't like you.


Dear Social Media - 

It's in my best mental interest to stay away from you. I thought you would get better during the holidays. You didn't. In fact, in a way, you've gotten worse. I want cute puppies and kittens back. And kids doing funny things. And funny memes about the pandemic. Heck, food pictures are okay, too. I am sick to death of politics and fighting and people being rude to each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Your comment is not going to change their mind at all. Surely you know that already? Because does your opinion suddenly change when someone comments on your comment? No. So maybe just stop fanning the flames, okay? 

Please. Be kind. Just that. Be kind. 


That is all for now!

Behave!



No comments: