Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Retreat: Day Three - Last Night

It's late and I should go to bed...

But I just finished a terrific word count and need to decompress a bit.

I am the only one up, but not for long. I have to say that this house makes a lot of weird noises when you're the only one in the space. Ha! 

Anyway...

I started the story after lunch. And it's going remarkably well. Things kind of just clicked into place and instead of doing extensive pre-writing like I normally do, I hit the bricks and started in chapter one 

I am on chapter three now. I'm excited and pleased. 

This retreat has been amazing in so many ways. To get to hang with my closest writing friends for days after not seeing them forever has been absolutely epic To be able to do my own thing and not have any kind of a schedule to adhere to has also been epic. To have my own bathroom and to take care of my own needs is awesome. 

To say I have loved this time is an understatement. To say I have needed this is also an understatement. This house was amazing and suited our needs pretty perfectly. Though it's doubtful we can afford it again. 

We have a few hours tomorrow morning and then it's over, but I highly doubt the energy gained here will wane for a while. We all made amazing progress on our goals. 

And now I'm going to bed...

Behave! 

No comments: