Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

January 12

2021 isn't starting out well as I'm sure you're aware. There is just too much... It might be time to ask for a refund...

We did get the tree down last weekend. First we worked in the basement storage space, getting that 3/4 cleaned out and organized before putting the decorations away. Got rid of a bunch of stuff, made a mess. Got Santa and his sleigh put away, but we left the snowmen on the front porch, because... Snowmen...

We'll be back at the basement cleaning this weekend. One more section of shelves, and then we hit the main basement space before getting to the nooks and crannies. We'll need to get the boys over here for some heavy lifting soon, but for now we can work around.

Talked to Mr. B on his 8th birthday! He's such a funny kid! They didn't do anything this year because of non-sleeping toddlers. We're still waiting for Mr. B's present to arrive, so once it does, we'll take it to him. I ordered that thing the day after Christmas... 

Got a call from my gaggle of grandkids earlier. They are so funny and cute. K2's boy thought we were coming over to their house today and then insisted K2 call me. We talked for a long time. The kids were tacos, unicorns, and other weird messenger face thingies, and told me all kinds of things. They asked for their pappy constantly, but he was still at work. That was such a great call! Totally made my day! 

This book is still not ending and I've taken to being super brief... "the rest of the day went great" kind of thing with no action. I have to resolve about four threads and then it should be done? I want it done by this time next week, if not before. Hopefully before. Then I have to decide if I'm going to go back to the project I was working on before this book came to be, or start edits for the next book in my series... Or start something else new. 

We had a little scare about retreat, but all is well now. A little over a week! I cannot wait! I need to figure out my food for the weekend. We have a collective meal on Thursday, but are responsible for our own meals the rest of the time, which is kind of daunting and freeing at the same time. It's been forever since I've only had to fend for myself (last time would have been when all of my family was away at some form of summer camp years and years ago - like eight years?) I will probably end up with chips and dip or cheese and crackers all weekend! Ha! Other than that, it will be friends, writing, and no responsibilities other than writing. Whoot! 

That's it for now. We need snow and we need a lot of it. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but...

Behave! 

 

No comments: