Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Retreat: Day One

Day One of my first retreat in five years!! Whoot!

We've been planning this sucker for about four months and have had to change dates a few times. I'm with my closest writing friends and we haven't seen each other in probably at least a year. We've all been super cautious and none of us are worried about making each other sick. We are just happy to be together. 

We're in the wilds in a "cabin" with about 18 rooms (yeah, for four of us, but to be fair there were supposed to be two more of us). (and we're still in our state, so no worries about travel restrictions) This house is super cool. We each have our own room and bathroom, though mines not connected to my bedroom (I think only one is), but it doesn't matter. It's so quiet here, outside and inside. 

We arrived around 4, finagled the parking situation, hauled our stuff up two flights of stairs, got settled into our bedrooms, put our stuff away in the kitchen, and talked and talked. We made nachos for dinner and we're now sitting in one of the living rooms talking and talking and trying to do our thing. Only the main thing that's happening is talking. And talking. Like I said, we haven't seen each other in at least a year and it's been even longer than it's been just the four of us. 

Tomorrow is Friday. My muffins are smashed. Like really smashed, so we'll see if I can even eat them. That's the thing its taking me the most to get used to. We did a shared meal tonight, but we are completely on our own for every other meal. It's taken some creative thinking on my part to deal with this, but I think I'm good now. I have my smashed muffins, a bagel, some energy bars, stuffed shells, and soup. I didn't really plan lunches because I usually either eat breakfast or lunch, but rarely both. I have a bunch of snacks, so I think I'm fine. But then, when I saw everyone else unload their stuff, I wondered if I was going to end up hungry. HA! I'm fine though, and there's a store not too far away if I run out of food. 

Tomorrow I will get to work. I have my final proof of my re-release to read through. I have a book to finish, and two to edit. I need to brainstorm the book to finish. So we'll see what happens. 

That's all for day one. I am so happy to be here! 

Behave! 



No comments: